1. Development of autonomous driving is fast as ADAS features are increasingly coming into cars and building the way towards autonomous driving.
Thin, stretchable FORCIOT® sensors are seamlessly merged into car interiors being part of the driving experience enabling advanced functionality and extreme safety. FORCIOT® stretchable electronics solution generates extensive and accurate HMI data for Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) functionalities to increase safety.
2. Demand for connected cars is growing hand-in-hand with ADAS as vehicle connectivity is the foundation of autonomous vehicles.
FORCIOT® sensors can be used on both rigid and soft surfaces, which means they can be seamlessly integrated with any surface material. FORCIOT® sensors generate HMI data for self-adaption, dynamic adjustments, Child Presence Detection, and personalized functionalities in shared cars such as self-learning seats.
Fast real-time data collection with adjustable frequency. Sensors can send data directly into any cloud database for analytics. The interface is designed in such a way that data can be easily transferred into customer-specific applications.
3. Car interior design is enhanced as buyers focus on the cabin experience.
FORCIOT® stretchable electronics solution is integrated seamlessly into any surface, size, and shape, regardless of the surface material. Thin and stretchable sensors are integrated into demanding elastic environments and 3D surfaces. It gives design freedom and enables intuitive HMI interaction and aesthetic design with advanced functionality. Aesthetic and intuitive design enables premium user experience and comfort.
4. User Experience (UX) is becoming more and more significant as OEMs are exploring differentiating their brands in a highly competitive market.
FORCIOT® stretchable electronics solution is a cost-effective solution with added value data for new functionalities and business opportunities. FORCIOT® sensors generate HMI data for comfort and UX. For example, with FORCIOT® seat sensor data on balance and pressure driving mode could be connected to automatic seat adjustment according to the speed, etc.
5. OEMs are looking for new sustainable solutions to reduce their environmental impact and meet the market demand for conscious buyers in the premium segment.
Car design and performance development utilizes data on durability of materials and mechanical parts. FORCIOT® stretchable electronics are manufactured of materials that generate the lowest strain level possible to the environment. Stretchable electronics often use less energy compared to traditional electronics. Solutions can be fitted in smaller spaces and are more lightweight than heavier rigid solutions.
6. Cost-reduction and search for new sources of profitability by focusing in growth areas, such as ADAS, EVs, connected cars.
FORCIOT® stretchable electronics solution is cost-effective in mass manufacturing and HMI data creates added value for the solutions needed in growing market trend areas such as Electric Vehicles (EV), autonomous driving, ADAS equipped cars, connected cars, and shared cars. Same technology can be utilized in multiple locations inside the vehicle with different functionalities to minimize costs. Reprogrammable sensors with self-calibrating algorithms ensure functionality for the entire product lifetime.